This website serves as my personal profile. It will mostly contain information on my research activities and personal interests. I might use the blog from time to time to express my personal thoughts.
I obtained my master degree in computer science from the RWTH Aachen with semesters abroad at the University of Gothenburg and UC Berkeley. In my Bachelor I was interested in theoretical computer science and wrote my thesis in mathematical logic. During my master I shifted my focus to artificial intelligence and machine learning. My master thesis deals with automatic speech recognition.
After I finished my degree I started a PhD at the Institute of Medical Informatics in Münster. There I redeveloped the MDM-Portal, a research infrastructure to share clinical metadata. I got also involved in some further research regarding interoperability and reuse of metadata. My main interest lays in the application of machine learning to healthcare data and meaningful applications in clinical routine. Recently, I started to study medicine. I continue my research part-time.
Papers I have been involved in:
- A Web Service to Suggest Semantic Codes Based on the MDM-Portal - GMDS 2018
- Reproducible Survival Prediction with SEER Cancer Data - MLHC 2018
- CDEGenerator: an online platform to learn from existing data models to build model registries
- Standardising the Development of ODM Converters: The ODMToolBox - MIE 2018
- Automated Transformation of CDISC ODM to OpenClinica - GMDS 2017
- Automatic conversion of metadata from the study of health in Pomerania to ODM - eHealth 2017
- Inverted HMM - a Proof of Concept - NIPS 2016
- Counting in Team Semantics - CSL 2016